Who is responsible for Safeguarding in the School?
At John Mayne Church of England (VC) Primary School, everyone is responsible for ensuring and maintaining the high standards of pupil behaviour, safety and welfare that we have worked so hard to achieve. .
Overall responsibility for safeguarding in our school is led by the Head of School (Mrs Helen Tester) who is a trained and experienced Designated Safeguarding Leader (DSL). Mrs Sara Williamson (Executive Headteacher) , Mrs Annette Brennan and Mrs Elaine Stanford are also a qualified DSLs.
THE SAFEGUARDING AND WELFARE TEAM
The Safeguarding and Welfare Team consist of the following members of staff:
- Helen Tester (Head of School)
- Mrs Sara Williamson (Executive Headteacher)
- Mrs Elaine Stanford (SENCO/Inclusion Manager)
- Mrs Annette Brennan (Office Manager)
If you are concerned about a child….
- Confidential advice and help for children and/or young people
- Free calls that do not appear on your phone bill
- Tel: 0800 1111
- Help for adults who are concerned about a child
- Calls can be anonymous
- Tel: 0808 800 5000
- On line support for parents who are worried about a child
- Support and advice around relationships and on line safety
- Support and advice for parents about radicalisation and extremism