Who is responsible for Safeguarding in the School?
At John Mayne Church of England (VC) Primary School, everyone is responsible for ensuring and maintaining the high standards of pupil behaviour, safety and welfare that we have worked so hard to achieve. .
Overall responsibility for safeguarding in our school is led by the Headteacher (Mrs Helen Tester) who is a trained and experienced Designated Safeguarding Leader (DSL). Mrs Annette Brennan, Mrs Sam Frederick and Mrs Elaine Stanford are also a qualified DSLs.
THE SAFEGUARDING AND WELFARE TEAM
The Safeguarding and Welfare Team consist of the following members of staff:
- Helen Tester (Head of School)
- Mrs Elaine Stanford (SENCO/Inclusion Manager)
- Mrs Annette Brennan (Office Manager)
- Mrs Sam Frederick (TA/FLO)
If you are concerned about a child out of school hours you can use any of the services listed below or alternatively contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org (this mailbox is checked daily).
If your concerns are urgent please use the services below or contact the Ashford Area Safeguarding Service on 03000 423154 or call 999.
- Confidential advice and help for children and/or young people
- Free calls that do not appear on your phone bill
- Tel: 0800 1111
- Help for adults who are concerned about a child
- Calls can be anonymous
- Tel: 0808 800 5000
- On line support for parents who are worried about a child
- Support and advice around relationships and on line safety
- Support and advice for parents about radicalisation and extremism